Pages

31 August 2023

special delivery

I’m unloading another consignment        of hard luck and therapeutic chemicals       I require further instruction        on how to get my business fixed       I fear myself in these dark hours      suicidal ideation  is a singular ideology    can you sympathise?     tell me you can sympathise…    

rain drops pitter patter       on my naked skull       some call it torture        others call it rehabilitation     there’s a health service plan     to gather my stones       and give me a pounding      but I won’t be compliant     with the violence that breeds conformity       

they say I’m bad      or at the very least mad     but it’s my life     I won’t let them shape it      won’t let them squash me     with their power trips  and lies     the whole world is singing the same dismal hymnal     the melody’s familiar     but the words need revised     

just stay away from me        my hurt is contagious     I’ve been devoured by my sickness        they’re saying I’m crazy         but I’m just impoverished    and that’s too bad       but it’s no big deal     so don’t bring me down with your suburban mores    I’ve lived outside convention   most of my life      

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment