Pages

14 August 2023

my death songs

 man     I’m strung out like never before        this attritional warfare has shriveled my stones      and turned my blood to rust    I’m barely fit for the knacker's cart     I’m stretched beyond endurance     and wearing pretty thin      I’m in a place of ghosts and shadows    I can’t survive here long     whatever the prognosis     I don’t think I’m going home

my death songs bud ruby on my lips   I’m locked in the organ factory        and marked for vivisection        but I have dirty blood       they have to sort me out    before they cut me open to rummage about    some wired quack      gave me poisonous pills       she said they’d do me good     she said they’d get my business fixed     but here I am in limbo     a million miles from home   I’m belting out my death songs       I don’t know for how long

 

No comments:

Post a Comment