Pages

26 August 2023

manic

hear this?   I spark to this tune      I love this tune     I love everything     do you feel that energy?     I feed off that energy      my friend told me she’d swallowed lightning      I know that feeling      I’m loaded with electro-ecstatic potential        everything    every-fucking-thing     speaks to me      every sight and sound     drips heavy with significance      all of it combines and coalesces into the shape of man reborn   mother nature’s son    this world is pure euphoriant      I’m operating at impossible altitudes    steering by cosmic intuition    I’m a silver arc of flight  in the stratospheric blue

but on the flip side    and there’s always a flip side    there are terrible days lurking in ambush    days of rabid desperation    where callous motivations tug at my loins    when violent energy pulses through my sleepless nights     and a carnival of monsters fester in my mind      there are thoughts I keep to myself     thoughts I dare share with no one else      they would only paint me red     but that’s the curse that keeps on giving    I am become a beast    my face has turned to stone    I died an unnatural death   many times ago    but there’s no peace for the wretched      no place for hope in hell    

No comments:

Post a Comment