Pages

6 August 2023

autonomous

 my past was wicked and my future was cursed     I was a prisoner in a jail of my own devising      but I crawled out from under     I put up one hell of a fight     but I’m an individual     I have few attachments     that’s how it is to be free       you have to sacrifice your jailors      you have to crash out of their gaze    and you have to keep moving or they catch you   because everyone is a jailor       in this fucked up world

there is no such thing as limited freedom      it’s all or nothing     don’t be fooled by semantics     they are laying traps again      but they won’t  catch me    I’m too savvy to take the bait      I love being alive    I love feeling free    I’m no animal to be caged       don’t they understand?     if one of us is caged    then none of us are free

the price of liberty is steep       you have to abandon society     and kiss the past goodbye      you have to become aware of your own heart       for what is freedom without wisdom      without love?       freedom can be the greatest of all vices without temperance      it’s not just the power to do as we like        it’s the opportunity to do as we should    

so leave me alone       I won’t tread on your toes      there’s no need to bind me     because no matter what you do       I will not conform       I cannot conform     conformity is a prison       the enemy of growth       coercion captures men      but freedom inspires them      the fight for freedom is a personal and solitary battle    we conquer the fears of today     to fight again tomorrow     it’s even harder to preserve our liberty      than it is to win it

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment