Pages

20 August 2023

medication

 twice in every day      I schedule my medication      I don’t get the good stuff       they save that for terminal cases      but I die a little every day       that shit’s for pain      so why not give it      to people in pain?     they say it’s all mental     that my kind of pain don’t qualify     wrong address  again   best test my reflexes     if I have any  left    I function out of habit     but I can hardly roll a joint    

perhaps it is all in my head      from an injury long ago     somebody damaged my psyche     and it never knitted together      I could fill the holes      with the help of god’s own medicine       the universal panacea       if they gave a prescription      of the proper medication     I could harvest pearls        from the bottom of the ocean       or scud across its surface      like a lonely albatross

No comments:

Post a Comment