Pages

26 August 2023

crazy

this soul is at odds with the world     because the world is phony     and so am I  but at least I know      the world is still asleep     madness is the only freedom left me   madness can be intoxicating     and illuminating      I was touched by lightning  when I was young      and took on my shoulders    the madness of the world        reason had betrayed me    but I saw clearly      that all life is a dream      and we are all just dreamers     wrapped up in our dreams   

everybody is crazy       it takes a madman to know that     because wisdom is madness unchained     everything we do is crazy    conflict is crazy     and hatred is crazy    and love is crazy too     all passion leads to madness      its darkness smothers millions      with a blanket of anguish and despair     the most beautiful things are born of madmen    and the most terrible    they concentrated evil and put it into bombs     they drop them on people     in the name of love and peace     if that’s not fucking crazy     I don’t know just what is

 

No comments:

Post a Comment