Pages

25 September 2023

dope

I’m no junkie      I’m an explorer     I like to get high    because I enjoy an elevated state of mind    like a god      or a poet      I’m addicted to thinking     I have an unhealthy relationship with my mind     but it’s better than the relationships I have with people     people can hurt you     worse than drugs     such earthly delights are all too fleeting      but we take our pleasures where we find them       in the pocketable ecstasies    of dime bag deals     and quarter ounces

so roll us a stony      make it magical      I’m into magic      inhale the truth       reveal the self      dope is a form of grace       ointment for the soul       let’s open some doors     we hadn’t noticed before    this life is dreadful dull      help me celebrate my liberation      I scored a piece of god     I’ll smoke it at my leisure    a lifetime in one night     can change anyone’s perspective      and a change of perspective would surely do us some good

 

No comments:

Post a Comment