Pages

13 September 2023

rekindled

I toil both day and night      to mend my broken promises      and sort out a world    that I care to live in     I’m just trying to survive     the best I know how        but sometimes I break down      when reason deserts me        and fear bangs my drum         coz I know where dreams go to die       and where their bones  are buried        I tell you there are burdens I bear        that no one else can imagine     but there’s no end to suffering       when your world falls apart

don’t dig me up      I can manage    just let me be     I’m dead to your eyes     dead to the world     hope springs eternal     in the mouths of fools     but there’s no misery in this world       that lacks an author      pious would be friends    tried to murder my imagination     their wicked tongues spinning delicious lies      but I am immune such confections     coz I’m a human being     with the power of love in me       and I take comfort from that    

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment