Pages

23 September 2020

assassins


some tender moments remain uncharted   those rendezvous are covert affairs   instant hook-ups are of little consequence   cause if nobody knows then nobody cares   but beyond the cheap thrill and the base gratification    it’s still a charade    I was never really there


I severed those ties with definitive force   I cut them off and cast them out   then I set them on fire   powdered the ashes   and buried them deep   far far away   but they haunt me still    the flesh of my flesh   that lost appendage cleaved from the bone   a bloody sacrifice   to some lesser evil   they’re a revenant organ   or a phantom limb    they’re a forbidden exhumation and a filthy itch I long to scratch

 

those stones we so carelessly cast   birthed ripples of unforeseen dimensions    now there’s a tsunami of shit about to engulf you and I   and we shall reap more than we ever sowed   in yet another dismal harvest   of sorrow and despair

 

our practiced tongues wove convenient fictions from little grey lies   which we honed into truths sharp as knives   some kinds of love can smell like hate   some kinds of devotion feel like possession  

 

there are truths made of lies   like the stories told by jealous souls of bitter adoration   where romantic weapons are used with cooler calculation   yes  some kinds of love are poisoned daggers   wielded by lovers who are gentle assassins



listen to the Creature EP

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment