Pages

12 September 2020

zeit


my most precious beings    are cosseted within my covid bubble   our ongoing collaborations    may be in breach of current guidelines    but none of us has tears in our eyes     everyone is bored shitless with confinement    and we are all busily cultivating new habits    I always find time    for the things that make me feel more alive      I’m on a learning curve    that sometimes finds me flat on my face   but I don’t let failure define me     failure is my catalyst   the impetus for change    

I have no idea where this road leads    at the moment the world is sick and people are dying     isolation has eaten into our hearts    and we all bleed for a little love   a loveless world is a dead world    this planet is just a soulless jail    a concrete zoo   where the inmates are denied love    through the mechanisms of indifference

we are sowing the seeds of ignorance    in a garden of evil    all evil stems from ignorance   well intentioned fools can do as much harm as malicious tyrants    the good outweighs the bad in most people     but most people are ignorant     and ignorance is our greatest vice    the most ignorant of people always think they know best    they even assume the authority of killers    because they are blind to the truth about love     

love is the cause of everything precious in life    but love never dies a natural death   love can be snuffed out in an accidental instant    murdered in a fit of jealous rage   smothered in an act of betrayal    or killed incrementally over years   eroded by resentment or disease   but love simply withers and dies in the face of indifference   because indifference is the antithesis of love   and indifference is the greatest enemy of life itself   your absolute nemesis requires only your inertia    that you simply cease to care    which shouldn’t prove too difficult    in these days of isolation and fear



No comments:

Post a Comment