Pages

16 September 2020

vertigo


I dialled your number    again and again   I felt empty   you didn’t answer   again and again    the sensitive can go crazy      with little provocation      I was alone    and drowning in my own shadow    and you were not at home   you were never at home    there is madness in love    and reason in madness    and love is often the reason for madness

we are all crazy  and the crazy in us  can motivate us in inexplicable ways    madness is my saving grace  madness is my adaptation   my antidote   to people like you    I wanted so badly    to be close to you    not just to fuck    but to be with you    perhaps I was lacking     but maybe it was you    my love didn’t just die  it submerged into secret depths   where it hid   curled up in foetal disgrace   over time it curdled   into something that left a bad taste

I took some comfort from my madness    the familiarity of my dingy surroundings     the privilege of the lonely    the freedom to be alone   I sought no understanding    I would not be enslaved by understanding    we each possess a unique world    distinct from all others    reality is an experience   and its veracity cannot be established   by any doctor   my world was bona fide    I was a grave instrument with a bloody handle   a rotten burlap sack full of killing stones     and I was high    I was so very high    that I nearly died of vertigo



hear the Creature EP

No comments:

Post a Comment