Pages

10 September 2020

brand new semiotics for mind body and soul


 

some days I drag the low end      but it doesn’t matter    it doesn’t bother me     I won’t be writing any suicide notes     on that account    I’m not fixing to die anytime soon       I just began learning how to live       but I have  circumstances to accommodate     and those can be a bitch      but I can’t complain

I won’t reach out      if there’s no need      it’s not just my pride      there’s no point in me spilling my guts   if I’m only crying wolf     it doesn’t pay to take yourself too seriously     when you are subject to sudden change    I might foment a little poison in my cup from time to time       but I always have the antidote in my pocket     

I take life as it comes      I make no demands of anyone      and I only do what I want to do      so you can stow your neutral gaze      I’ll have  passion in my playpen      and the freedom to live as I please 

I’m just a dog with a bone      still fighting a war     that ended long ago     I could tell you things     you would not believe      so I won’t waste words      you’d only call me a liar   but you wouldn’t know which me is really me         or if my words are matched by deeds

which me is me?    the crazy wild impulsive me?     or the darkly reclusive suicidal me?    someone picked me up and shook my  shadow loose   now the pieces have fallen back to earth    but nothing is where it ought to be      I tried to run away        but you can’t lose your shadow     even if the sun shines a little less brightly for you

everything happens     for a reason     or it doesn't     it's hard to tell        when you so often see       just what you expect to see        my story is not a sad story      my story is an abstract    about a boy who survived a storm he thought would never end        but it was during that terrible storm   that he discovered he carried a fire within    he learned to kindle that flame at will    and always keeps the makings close to hand



No comments:

Post a Comment