Pages

22 September 2020

homo rejectus

it’s a tedious chore   and no mistake   around the houses   and home again   the whole rigmarole    a wasted journey   a tortuous trek   in an inclement season   but I’ll find myself    on some darkened street   soaked to the skin   but no worse for wear

 

I need a whole new bundle   to keep me on my feet   I’m winding ancient nightmares    between my dirty sheets    I got nothing left to bargain with   I’m on my fucking knees     my native electricity    has deserted me

 

I purchased naught for nothing   I’d like a refund please   these are times of want   in the chaos factory   I’m surrounded by tender tyrants    outflanked by awkward instance   I’m a hostage to necessity    and have captors to appease

 

I need a little something   added to my recipe   I require a magic bullet    to get me off my knees    so get me an extension   I’ll call for some assistance     to feed me psycho quackery    in the form of jelly beans

 

I’m not gonna tell you porkies    I was only ever as good   as   circumstance demanded   my virtue was a thin veneer    which obscured my need   there’s shit I’ll do    and there’s shit I won’t   but I feel less inclined    to go that extra mile    no    not for strangers   not for no cunt    for out of sight   is out of mind

 

I used to put it about   back when I had the tackle   but now I’m invitation only  and three square daily    the world is full of fools   present company excepted   we’re all just waiting    for nothing specific    we’re just waiting    it’s the game we all play  

 

my angle of inversion is acute    I waste a lot of time    concocting excuses    and orchestrating cancellations    I guess that’s no big secret   but what they don’t know    is that I’m the evolutionary response   to collective neurosis   the final adaption    the end of the line

 

all due consideration given    to the various permutations     I’ve cancelled my subscription     and turned my back    on the whole sorry scene   it’s time in life for a little radial mutation   I don’t know where that’s going    but I do know where it’s been


listen to the Creature EP


No comments:

Post a Comment