Pages

30 November 2023

bugsy

all my life they had me drag the low end     they say I’m not worth knowing       that I don’t amount to  much      so I deserved their soft betrayals     the kind that stuck fast    a leaking of confidences  unanswered phone calls    unanswered doors     they’d cut a little distance        and leave me in the cold       maybe they caught a glimpse of my crazy        maybe they just lost patience       I’m used to that now      no one knows you when you’re mental     I guess my company isn’t easy      no one owes me anything      friendship least of all       but it doesn’t really matter now      I’m tempered by experience       and hardened to the bone      I flourished on the outside      I made it on my own

*Bugsy; adjective  infested with bugs; dirty; weird; buggy. Crazy; unstable; bughouse, He must be bugsy to behave so impulsively!  

No comments:

Post a Comment