Pages

7 November 2023

methuselah

age smothers  with daily cruelty       and I’m longing for peace     but not too much      I’ve been imagining my death      instead of sleeping  away my days      there’s blood in the bathroom    I’ve been  spurting out life from my commonplace heart       I don’t court it     I’d rather avoid it      but it finds me     unprepared and alone        I’ve studied the science     and I must surely die someday    but I just can’t see it     it isn’t really me     I’ve decided to live to die of boredom in another thousand years    I’ve been living for tomorrow all my sorry life       but living for the moment       might be worth a try     because I’m dying incrementally       one fear at a time       one day we’ll talk about immortality      but today let’s talk about death    and why it’s stalking me

No comments:

Post a Comment