Pages

6 December 2023

in the land of uz…

 sort me out with a spoonful      coz a black cat crossed my path      mail it if you care for me      or just leave me alone     but you know where I am     if you want to treat me like lover     just come on down     I got lightning in my pocket     but I can’t spare a dime      so don’t expect my call      I’m a hostage to necessity       and have no friends at all

so fuck me up      turn me out     distance me from all I love     bury me in winter squalls      twist my nuts and turn me off       tell me now I’m going home      where no-one lives but me alone      now that all reason has fled       teach me how just cruel you are     furbish my weapons      poison my bread      pour for me a bitter cup     take my tears and drink them up

I’m going all the way down     never has so cruel a season rained down on my head     it has carved for me a heart from stone     no lover’s lips can relieve my doubts    no knockout blow will count me out      no fiery brand will light my path     I grope in the darkness and eschew the light     coz there’s only one fight      and I’m in it thick     so murder me      but please make it quick

 

No comments:

Post a Comment