Pages

14 October 2022

tyrant

 there’s a tyrant in my heart        knee deep in atrocity        there’s a tyrant in 

my heart        bleeding out hysterically        the poison he spews forth       is 

petty   mean and selfish        he’s tearing me apart      but I’m under his 

bloody thumb

there’s a tyrant in my heart        who lashes out in anger      there’s a tyrant in my heart       who wields a vicious tongue     the abuse he dishes out       fills me with remorse        I could die of shame       when I think of what he’s done

there’s a tyrant in my heart      who severs my connections        there’s a tyrant in my heart        that wants me all alone       he whimpers in the dark      and rails against the light     yes   a tyrant rules my heart        and I’m not the only one

No comments:

Post a Comment