Pages

25 October 2022

if I was a believer

the believers claimed the future       the forecast was dismal        expect heavy rain     and sleep deprivation        with long hours of darkness       to chasten your soul     my anonymous nights      no longer warrant names       they barely leave a ripple        on the surface of my mind      people are talking about armageddon       if that’s what rocks your boat      it’s no concern of mine      I’m not chained to that logic    or the prophesy behind   

if I was a believer      I’d pray along beside you     I’d drop you in the jordan      to wash away your sins     and open up your eyes     if I was a believer       I’d tell you not to worry      I’d tell you love is eternal       and no one who has seen the light         ever really dies     but I’m no believer      so don’t hold that against me       I only hit up god       when I’m feeling troubled         and everyone feels troubled sometimes

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment