Pages

9 October 2022

pneuma

 


too many hyenas       not enough lions      no individuals left      in this menagerie     our tribal brothers    fuelled  on junk and weed      are waiting to cut us down to size    but I shall not be shamed   by another’s words or deeds        I am now consigned   to the power that rules my fate         there’s nothing left to fear       in the face of certain death

I am centred now      on myself alone       and on the accumulation

of personal power        I stand  as a singular entity     empty  and without form       I require no validation        I have no points to score     I sacrificed my pretentions          and freed up the space       between myself and the world     to polish my connection      to the man within

sometimes    in the moment    I forget to think about myself    and it feels good    to be that free     I’m tired of looking  in distorted mirrors    and preening my interior    with the kind of self perception     that flatters to deceive

I don’t want to escape     I simply want tuned in     I don’t know where I’m going     I do know where I’ve been   I no longer worry   over the inconsequential    and it’s all inconsequential    as far as I can see    and I can see quite far    on any given day

I do my own thing      it’s the only path that suits me     it’s the path that leads to freedom     no one showed me      I have no method     I have no teachers     it’s easier that way      I am inconspicuous   and self possessed      and that’s the form of freedom      that matters most to me  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment