Pages

5 August 2020

Odysseus


I copped me the full dose     and licked the wrapper too     I ramped up the mandy     and downed it with cheap wine     that shit gets complicated     but I don’t seem to mind     it fit me real snug    just like my birthday suit    it was christmas in july    did everything it promised      it may be forbidden      but every now and then    it does a little good

got the crank bugs     something chronic     my skin was crawling    with electrical potential    I was jammin’ in a hard place     but that was alright    I’m a lean machine     and I got the numbers     stashed beneath the hood

I was unfolding     into something linear     straight ahead clean    wrapped in a bundle     tighter than my ball sack     and delivered at light speed     with harmonic dissonances     of appalling beauty     I was all jelly bone     and knee tremble    slick with anticipation    surfing in the air      on the cusp of complete delusion     tomorrow    was another    creosote sundae     but the night     was a total eclipse  of reason

I bided my time    spilling my oats     on barren ground     to be washed away  in the menstrual cycle     my instruments     calculated hostility     I’ve been a naughty boy     and word soon gets around       no one has any secrets     here in monkey town     while you  were all prostrate      with your lamplight bleeding      I’d been on the randan      and filching all the fun     but you’d rather play the martyr     than set the twilight reeling      you’d rather bathe in tears     aren’t you the noble one?

your kind of love is for suckers     strictly for slaves and losers     you’d find it more rewarding      if you’d just take it as it comes     you’ll win more than you lose      if you’re keeping count     it all evens out eventually      if you spread enough around      so you should heed my words    next time you’re sucker-punched     get yourself some symmetry        don’t get your panties bunched


No comments:

Post a Comment