Pages

6 August 2020

Fungaloid (Green Mind Edit)

























travel me
unravel me
baffle me
turn me out
fix me with a fungal crown
pump it in
pour it out
rub it on
inhale – exhale
spark it up
snuff it out
skin it back
tear it down
anoint my head
with manna from heaven
spike me upward
drag me down
ball my lightning
take me under
turn me on
turn me around

innovate
with my confusion
make me whole
if not holy
bake me outside
in the sun

now and then
I’m a supernova
I’m a lightning strike
an atomic bomb
the Empire State
and the monster Kong
I’m a gushing torrent
a tidal wave
I’m a rattle snake
with a diamond back
I’m the seventh son
I’m a maniac

nearly
never
or hardly ever
not now and then
but now, forever
sinking

they are out to get me
I know they are
whispered fragments coalesce
to form steel traps
for my clumsy feet
tectonic plates shift
beneath the gut
beyond the entrails
into the deep
the heart of things

my fingers are stained
with nicotine and blood
I’m high now – too high for comfort
each horrifying impulse
passes through my colon
with a nauseous thrashing motion
tearing like baby sharks
devouring their birthing sacks




so roll me a stony
make it a fat one
my brand of choice
God’s own medicine

something I can use
to feel the touch
of some native power

I love the sensation of minor vertigo
produced by a lung full of green
and the gentle rocking of my boat
in the calmer waters
dreamt of in my cooler quarter.

send me sultry jazz messengers
to soothe my mind and smooth out
the corrugations of my life

I deplore obliteration
but dig augmentation
I like a little spin now and then
to hone my edge
and free up some space
in my toolbox

there are a billion jurors
on my case who’ll condemn
my predilections as errant criminality,
but I pay no heed to dogs with no teeth

I like to cultivate a little distance
between myself and the unclean thing
‘cause the unclean thing really twists my nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment