Pages

31 July 2023

beelzebub

 sweet beelzebub     please salve this soul     sort me out a fix    god’s own medicine    I’m a front line pariah in the war against drugs     evil commissars have fitted me up   they planted ideas on me that were dehumanising beyond realisation       my mind shattered with the impact   and my dharma has been soiled    I’m suspended in a state of non-being      I don’t feel human no more   

his stuff’s the filth    shoot it in the mainline    hits like a speedball     man, I was all lit up      like christmas in july     that was yesterday and it was good   but tomorrow looms large       coming off a bender       this is gonna hurt     and it’s gonna hurt bad     I am the captain of my soul     but I’m drowning in a hospital bed      there has to be a resolution ahead    my arse is hanging out here     I’m a fucking spectacle    a geek in a carnival side show

don’t ever let me go    send me up for life    coz I wield an assassin’s blade   I’ll murder your ambition   so don’t tangle with me    I’m one of a pestilent hoard     of nomadic junkies        waiting to invade your space    best fasten your doors      and screw your eyes shut     you’d tear open like rotting burlap  sack   if you saw what we have seen       we are fattened for the slaughter       in the abattoir of dreams

 

No comments:

Post a Comment