Pages

19 February 2020

Stiff


dummy up weasel

and don’t tread on me

I’ve been shelling out

my ragged arsed blues

at your convenience

and now you’re pretending

that we’re all square

we both know you’re lying

and I’m claiming nothing

that was ever yours


when you wandered in

without the needful

I gave you my shirt

and a big bag of weed

but you are claiming

that you did for me

that’s not the way I see it

and I’m forced to conclude

you have a faulty memory

or a bad case of greed


there is something

to be learned

from every betrayal

and you taught me

the folly of generosity

there’s nothing here

for greedy arsed stiffs

who gobble up

the merchandise

and later plead poverty


I’m not disappointed

I expected nothing less

it’s in your nature

to bite the hand that fed

and it’s in my nature

to collect what I’m due

you don’t know it yet

but you’ll square me up

you’ll repay your debt

I’ll make sure that you do

.

No comments:

Post a Comment