Pages

14 February 2020

Shady Lady

you like to draw me shadies

cause you think I drag the low end

but I’ve seen you sneaking home

with your knickers in your bag

you’re all fur coat and no morals

I met your kind before

I’m not casting stones

we’re cut from the same cloth

each takes what they need

and some of us need a lot

too much is never enough

to satiate our avaricious hearts

and we bleed for the diversions

that fuel the self importance

which sets us both apart


I expect some arsehole will save you

in time honoured tradition

buy you a nice suburban house

in a nice suburban cul de sac

you can sneer on a whole new level

when you’re sneering from afar

so if you want to look down your nose

at the folk you left behind

there’s no-one can stop you

no-one really cares - except for you

I always smile when you come calling

the shame is all yours, not mine

you’ll stoop so low – to reach your prize

I’m just a stepping stone, but I don’t mind

I could still have you - any old time


No comments:

Post a Comment