Pages

25 October 2024

baby zeppelins

I was zombie down and out      desperate for a change     so I rolled myself a stony     and burned a little foil      to take away my pain    I had the decomposition        I was nearly out of time     but you didn’t tell me you loved me        you didn’t pretend to care     at least you left me my memories       and didn’t rob my grave       we still shared a little sugar       or I might have murdered you then      for the lies you never told me       and the art in your design

there are flowers that blossom in the dark        and secret channels of the psyche that shall ever remain uncharted     I’ve dined there     I’ve eaten the bitter fruit       it tasted of jelly roll      seasoned with dark science      and it sickened me     it sickened me deep    so I closed my eyes    and dreamed impossible dreams        their tattered remnants haunt me still      baby zeppelins tore up the sky      and flamed out over babylon    the survivors threw a big party     but we were not invited      because we hadn’t paid our dues

 

No comments:

Post a Comment