Pages

29 July 2023

orpheus

 I’m a debaucher    a ragged old lecher     but don’t cast no stones     I mean no harm     I’m just a sucker for a pretty face      it’s a predilection verging on vice     but I’m an episodic lover     the imposter of their dreams       my crocodile tears and winning smile conceal a fragile jaw     and so my love pours out on stony ground     my tortured veins  and   poisoned blood scream in anguish      and I find myself once more        battered bruised and torn       alone on the  backstreets of hell    I must’ve taken a dirty hit        or copped a bad trip      coz sister I feel sick       stay with me       for a little while     I’ll trace my steps      back through the shadows     into the light     I’ll crawl on my hands and knees if need be        but I’ll find some way back into the fight

No comments:

Post a Comment