Pages

4 February 2023

dog town

on my way     homeward bound       where a cold winds blow over poisoned ground      where I was born      and where I died       coz I die a little      each day I spend     without a friend     here in my dog town              

too many crimes     left unsolved      too many conflicts unresolved        I am alien in this place        I’m an abandoned building        tumbling down       a burned-out shell         a burial mound

that orange sky       only drags me down         coz  I am at odds      with my surrounds    I've learned to hate my neighbours       I make the bastards bleed     I never had occasion       to turn the other cheek        

I have a vicious reflex         I’ll bite the hand that feeds        some say that’s irrational       other’s call me mean       they might section me again       but they might just put me down       that’s how they deal with the rabid         here in my dog town         

No comments:

Post a Comment