Pages

4 February 2023

dog town

 on my way     homeward bound       where a cold wind blows over poisoned ground      where I was born      and where I died       coz I die a little      each day I spend     in this dog town     without a friend         too many crimes     left unsolved      too many conflicts unresolved        I am alien      in this place        I’m an abandoned building        falling down       an empty shell         in this dog town

the blackened sky       won’t drag me down         coz  I am at odds      with this dog town     we love and hate our neighbours         until the bastards bleed     and trust the lord our saviour       in our hour of need         I’m the last of my kind in this dog town          they might bury me here       but they’ll never bring me down

No comments:

Post a Comment