Pages

17 January 2023

in the kingdom of the blind

 my one good eye blinked      and  just for an instant         the world went dark          I looked upon myself        and silently cursed my fate          I took a screwdriver to my mind           rewired my persona     but there was no relief          from the literal devices        that only brought me grief

everything’s a cliché       practiced well enough        this is a world of actors      we simply have no choice         it’s a question of survival        we are mythology        out of contention        misdirected entertainers          creatures in a zoo      

but you don’t have to be afraid      not of me       I’m a misprint        a blemish        a social disease         all that’s been eating you       for the last ten thousand years      are pre-packaged excuses       and  crocodile tears     from where I am      you don’t understand       but I could be your guru       I could be your holy man

No comments:

Post a Comment