Pages

30 January 2022

houdini

 


here I am again        titanic in proportion       sinking like stone      sweet jesus show some mercy     and bring me back down          I've been on a death trip for a week       a week of bloody tears stinging my eyes     a week of hound dogs on my heels      and that’s a rough ride      for a man in my condition        I have criminal juice boiling black inside of me        I've been rendered meat       hung up on butcher's hooks       and pounded into pulp       slaughtered by my memories        I  can’t escape my memories       I’m shackled by the past      no longer cast as human       I'm just a fraction of a man        staring into dark infinity      my cup is filled with ghosts       I sup it's bitter poison        a fermented  blend of treason      concocted from regret and recrimination         dear lord    I need a fix     to blow away my shrouds        to lift my psyche out of this    I never meant any harm  to anyone       but I'm a prisoner just the same         I'm the last man standing         there’s no-one else to blame

hear my voice on the album ‘Dagger’


No comments:

Post a Comment