Pages

16 February 2019

Donut

















for a while there
Donut had the key
to his knackers
but it was all display
Blondie was a closet case
who hid his true vocation
behind a heterosexual smoke screen
but it was a thin veneer
which fooled no-one but Donut
she was a grade A junkie
who professed a grade B love
for her young suitor

her man Donny found out
but he was supposed to
he reckoned he was
going to get basic
on Blondie’s arse
and I could understand his feelings
but I told him the road to Blondie
ran through me, so he backed off
I liked the man
he was a decent sort
who carried his own burdens
like a man
not all junkies are thieves
most are just ordinary people
with monkeys to feed

anyway, Donut heard about
my conversation with Donny
and immediately switched tack
I was round there one day
looking for a little hash
and she was crying about Blondie
who’d been giving her space recently
I put my arm around her, as you do
when Donny returned
and she pushed me away saying:
“No Johnny, I won’t fuck you!”

I was amazed, then amused
you see, it was all about Donny
it was all about power
Donny was giving me the hard look
which made things even more amusing
from my perspective
I left with peals of laughter trailing
but I did not return
for the matinee performance



No comments:

Post a Comment