3 July 2013

Quislings

Quisling_01

I know that they have me under surveillance; some shady fucker with a telescopic lens hiding behind a neighbour’s blinds, undercover operatives tailing me in unmarked cars. You might think me paranoid, but these fucks are seriously nosy. Plod has an insatiable appetite for ‘intel’. I have a scrupulous fascination with privacy – there are conflicting interests at work here.

Tongues are wagging. Lies are being smeared. There are quislings in my camp – ready to turn me over. There are piggies with their snouts in my trough. They’ll know my schedule by now – they’ll have been monitoring my movements. Well, I can change my schedule, alter my movements. I’ll adopt a disguise and go incognito. They’ll have to get up early in the morning to catch this worm.

While they are watching me – I’ll be watching them. My eyes are peeled for signs of their presence and I have eyes in the back of my head. They lack the energy to keep up with me, I’m a veteran insomniac. While they doze I’ll be making my moves. I might be a target, but I’ll be a moving target. Crazy? I’ll show them who’s crazy!

.

6 comments:

  1. You're not alone...in any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crème de la crème! Mind-blowing Lynchian. You did it with absolute brilliance. This is the most important aspect of society and it must be displayed for all to understand how recruited they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s easy to be paranoid in a paranoid society. I thought I was going crazy – until they actually came after me. My only crime – being weird!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog. Enjoying the writing! We crazies should stick together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Misantropia, I'm glad you enjoyed.

      Delete