16 April 2013

Spike

Spike_001

Does what you’re doing

Make you wonder

Where you are going?

Best not to think about it

.

The remedy is simple

Press the needle to the lungs

Inhale...

.

Instant gratification

In vitro fertilization for the brain

Less haste – more speed

White lines lead off into the horizon

Where my past falls off the edge of the world

I stand enthralled

I’m drawn to the scene

I do not say I’m compelled

.

The Inca in me holds a morbid fascination in the patterns of disgrace…

.

So many faces to remember

So many places I’ve been

I was young

I was arrogant

I was doped up

I was right

.

Put my head on a stone

Quite happy for a while

Your average stone is lighter than air

If you know where to put it

.

Everything that could be done – was done

The comedown was fairly sharp

I held him in my arms

as his life ebbed away

He didn’t remember my name

That’s when I knew

He was never coming back from this one

Beam me up – the Mothership is waiting

I forged my connection – along with my papers

I’m out of here – on the first reliable conveyance

.

I like to get out of my tree every now and then

I find it most beneficial

Helps me remember what to forget

.

4 comments:

  1. Praveen Parasar16 April 2013 at 22:41

    "Put my head on a stone
    Quite happy for a while" wisdom through such simple lyrics...Like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Praveen - glad you enjoyed

      Delete
  2. I am stunned. I find "The Inca in me holds a morbid fascination in the patterns of disgrace…" so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolita - your comments are most welcome

      Delete