13 September 2011

Like A Dagger

Dagger

I abandoned rhyme

As I abandoned reason

I like my words jagged

As crocodile teeth

Dirty as a whore’s tongue

Rabid as the breath

Of infected dogs

That rut in the street

I don’t require prettifying

Or disinfecting

Keep those nice words

For old ladies

To sprinkle on their cakes

I want you to feel me

In you

I have no time

For ambiguity

Or tickling ears

I want to ram my words

Right down your throat

One day I’ll find the beat

That forces the rhythm

Of my concoction

Into your heart

Like a fucking dagger

.

5 comments:

  1. This is my cup of tea, a territory you rule. in the bulls eye. Finest of the Master

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decisively Sliced
    Incisively knifed
    So delicious and nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your rapier like observations.

    ReplyDelete