Pages

5 December 2022

mister machine

 my outside woman        stole my sleep        that’s okay        I got my inside woman to cook my meat        she won’t drag me down        and she won’t turn me loose        she loves me like a friend      coz we have a thing        that shines in the dark       she don’t care where I go        as long as I come back

 I’m as regular    as clockwork      straight as a die       and crooked as life       no-one tells me what to feel         or where to go      or when to sleep       do as I will      that’s  the whole of my law        I got the mambo    and the strawberry jam       I do what I want         just coz I can

 I wasn’t meant to be tied down      I have too many friends         doing my rounds         I may be losing all my wagers      but I still feel lucky         I’m still in the game       I’ll go down loving        I have no choice       I’m mister machine         lighter than air        they say that I’m bad       but I don’t seem to care

No comments:

Post a Comment