Pages

9 May 2022

the last tyrant

 

don’t you just love being in control?      isn’t power the name of this game?         I shed a lot of friends       when I broke ranks with the stalinistas      they are out to get me still       with their psychic instruments       and ugly rumours       but I keep faith with my own principles        as befits someone of my temperament         and chemical impulse         I was vain         I was ruthless     I was cruel       all these charges are true         but I’m no judge      and neither are you

 

 I never swallowed the big lie       but I used it from time to time       when it suited me    and    conscience allowed       I reap as I sow        without complaint      I’m just one in a chain      that spirals off into infinity              the songs of my benefactors       echo in my mind     and I’m free to choose      just what I keep       and what I leave behind

No comments:

Post a Comment