Pages

17 December 2019

Power

sad-woman_02
she said the right things
she wore the right clothes
took the right drugs
read the right books
and listened to the right music
but she wasn’t right for me
there was something about her
that made me feel uneasy
she was too eager to please
her every action was
designed to gratify my needs
you’d think I’d enjoy that
but you’d be wrong
I felt caged by her love
I had all the power
and it proved a burden
.
we had a friendship
that caught fire
it was a matter of time
before we got burned
the love we shared
had a gravity of its own
it began to drag us down
it had to end somewhere
and it ended badly
one rainy night
it simply dissolved
she said she hated me
I didn’t doubt that
she wore her love
like and open wound
it was bound to leave a scar
.

4 comments:

  1. Peaceful Flower29 April 2014 at 10:54

    I've seen this so many times where one will smother the other, or rather one feels more deeply than the other and the other takes it as smothering. It just isn't meant to be, if something is wrong, then it just isn't meant to be. Love this piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debra for your astute comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great poem Immediately pictured the enslavement and saw your cage ...exactly that... liked 'wearing love like an open wound ,' ... Very strong words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...just...wow....

    ReplyDelete