Pages

5 March 2018

Ghosts In The Blood

Shadows

you got ghosts in your blood   you best get you some stony   I got the fear on  roll me one too    I’m bound to get lucky   I’m prepared to die trying   you can fetch me solace   from another man’s gutter   because I’m headed home   where there will be a welcome   or a maybe just a lynching   they might have forgotten   I hope they’ve forgiven   what’s done is done   and I paid my dues 

I don’t believe in resurrections    or in tearful reconciliations    the past is gone forever    ghosts take shape in its shade    and my head is haunted    with that fearful geometry    and the friends undone    by time and tide   you take your best shot   and maybe another   you might win some    but you’ll likely lose more   no-one passes this way     unless they pay the toll

2 comments:

  1. excellent narration john, as if a subconscious abstract...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't slept for some time - the dreaming state starts to merge with the conscious mind. Words are just rolling in like snowflakes in a storm. Thank you Praveen - much appreciated.

      Delete