Pages

18 August 2017

Tread Softly

Foot-Falls_blk
I just dummy up these days. No one cares to hear what I have to say. But I have seen what I have seen and I know what I know. I have witnessed our faint progress beneath remote uncaring stars and I know that we are bound to them by forces beyond our comprehension. The life of man, a single man, is of little significance in the great tide of events. Epochs have come and gone to leave no trace but fossilised remains in The Museum Of Natural History.

What shall I bequeath I wonder to those who come after me? Will some trace of my love linger still in the hearts of my progeny? I have no wisdom to impart them, no great insights to share. I doubt if I’ve had a single original thought in my entire life. If I could leave them anything it would be this advice; tread softly through this world, but don’t take the same route twice.

.

2 comments:

  1. There are two sides speaking here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Martin - the side I show the world and the thoughts I keep within. Very insightful of you - as ever. Thanks for your comment my friend.

      Delete