Pages

7 December 2011

The Sickness Of The World

Fear[5]

I have always been the victim of my own machinations   I always gave in to the blunt and vicious side of my nature   I feed that hump monkey with my bitter delusions and confectionery lies   I’m not a victim  I’m a volunteer  the sickness of this world is fear  fear of disclosure  fear of truth  fear of death    creeping fear is the prime motivator  the scent of excitement  the stench of dread apprehension  take a little whiff and he’ll make your wildest nightmares seem true

 my cloak of invincibility  my masquerade of masculinity   are driven by the shameful quirt of fear  the whole public edifice hangs on one tarnished nail   the threat of exposure   the disgrace of discovery  fear is the touch of death   my most secret paramour   fear has driven me to the contortions and exploits that map the surfaces of my life   but the hidden depths are his alone  he is emperor of the interior  my internal story is one of revolution   of my struggle against his tyranny I’ve learned throughout the years that inaction breeds doubt and fear    you gain in strength courage and confidence   when you confront your fear

2 comments:

  1. relate to the devil within..... big time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, even the best of us carries a petty tyrant within - it's he/she who relays our instructions. But when I finally plucked up the courage to confront mine - you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that the monster that had over shadowed my entire life - was still a little boy. Did I succeed in vanquishing my diminutive foe? Fuck no.

      Delete