31 October 2015

Black Wine

Pan_02

I don’t quite know where to begin, perhaps with the strange appendage - the cancerous growth that stemmed from my heart and blossomed in the dark as an evil fungal canker. The voice that called to me from its bloody mass and the face that formed from its rancid flesh was not my own. The arms and legs that grew from its body – like a hideous great salamander in transformation – were stocky and powerful. But where this apparition originated I cannot tell.

I only know that he was not of my body and was utterly alien in origin, but he said he knew me and knew me well. He bellowed dark reptilian laughter and bid me to partake of his black wine. It was a bitter drink full of recriminations and spite. I quaffed the lot with indecent haste and asked for more. He said he was delighted with my progress and that my prospects were good – I could become a major figure in the organisation.

We celebrated with more of his intoxicating wine and danced arm in arm into the wee small hours. He taught me songs of the ages and told the story of man. He claimed the youth of a thousand summers, but in the dawn’s cold light I could see that was old, he was so very old.

.

5 comments:

  1. I used to be able to find good info from your content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do believe this is an excellent website.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to return once again since I bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may
    you be rich and continue to guide other people.

    my blog create a free website in blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you stumble off somewhere else spamhead and leave me in peace - people come here to read, not to advertise.

      Delete
  3. Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
    previous to and you're just too wonderful. I really like what
    you've acquired here, certainly like what you are saying and the
    way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous web
    site.

    Check out my web page; hosting a trivia night

    ReplyDelete