3 July 2014

Tea Time

Tea_Cup_4c0d062748e8d

I smell trouble

you fill the room with it

that’s a derangement

of the senses

an olfactory overload

.

something tastes thin

thin and unwholesome

there’s a pit within

a pit in the stomach

of a starving man

.

I’ve peeled my eyes

they’re a sorry sight

I’m loaded up

on bathtub gin

and pixie dust

stoned to my teeth

under a heroin sky

.

surfing

to the sound of nausea

deaf to my objections

you pick the nits

that make me itch

.

making sandwiches

and

brewing tea

you sucked the life

from science

but

mastered the art

of banality

.

2 comments:

  1. Heather Gibson12 July 2014 at 05:28

    Damn... stop being brilliant for say, five minutes, arright? I'm only joking, but... well, not really. Well done, John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather - for your kind comment

    ReplyDelete