1 April 2014

Dummy Up (And Listen)

original_3wise

not my best day

thought provocateurs

sabotaged my peace

and poisoned my well

tried my hand at doctoring

but I lost my touch

the feeling’s gone

.

so I grit my teeth

and bear it

I don’t spill the beans

I’m no schoolboy

3 wise monkeys

sing from the same sheet

ask no questions

you’ll hear no lies

and no fatal truths

.

it’s best not to know

what you can’t swallow

ignorance is never bliss

at times like this

but I don’t get to thinking

it won’t do any good

thinking’s not my strong suit

so I dummy up

and listen

.

4 comments:

  1. Peaceful Flower1 April 2014 at 21:17

    I love this!! This is brilliant, John Jack, excellent writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra - much appreciated

      Delete
  2. Praveen Parasar2 April 2014 at 09:22

    brillant John... that inner dimension of lies, truth and mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Praveen - we all have fears don't we - some go unnamed - private fears we dare not share.

      Delete