21 March 2014

New Skin

J-06

Graft me some new skin – skin that crawls with deliberate intent across the killing floors of utile abattoirs where brass eyed hookers draw licentious remarks from serviceable villains with sharp threads and sharper faces – the kind you cut your knuckles on.

I want to float on liquid gardens in the realms of someone’s paradise and wet my feet on grassy morning dew while angels sing Hare Krishna with voices that tinkle like little silver bells in the here and here after.

Give me clouds of cotton candy to hang my wardrobe in. I want rolling waves to rock my boat, but not too hard – there are places I would go yet and I’m much to fat to swim. Bring me a golden pallet loaded with everything, but most of all bring me someone I can grow young with – someone who fits in with my new skin.

.

11 comments:

  1. Praveen Parasar21 March 2014 at 04:51

    not much to ask but some fine appetite... such skins are rare on menu...^ ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all chameleons Praveen - we shed many skins - even when we don't wish to

      Delete
    2. Praveen Parasar21 March 2014 at 04:57

      true John...and end up exposing our vulnerable fleshes... probably only to be blamed for exposing ourselves shamelessly... am i going beyond the point?

      Delete
    3. All flesh is vulnerable - it's to be hoped the new skin is tougher than the old

      Delete
    4. Praveen Parasar21 March 2014 at 05:02

      hope...and again... for sure.

      Delete
  2. Read it! Amazing indeed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Velona for your kind comment

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Cal - that means a lot coming from you

      Delete
  4. Peaceful Flower21 March 2014 at 14:58

    Wow, this is beautifully deep. You have an amazing talent and I have quickly become a fan. I am loving your work. Awesome, awesome piece!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra you are too kind.

      Delete