24 March 2014

Homo

Kiss

He was beautiful, blonde and gay

That scared a lot of folks

But it’s an ugly old world

Full of frightened people

.

Our dirty little town

Was as shitty as the next

It was no place for gays

It was no place for him

.

But he didn’t give a damn

About small minded people

He’d rub their noses in it

He’d play the queen  to great effect

.

They shunned him

They insulted him

They assaulted him

They even stabbed him

.

But he would not go away

He would not slink off

Into some dark corner

He would not feel ashamed

.

But he was an outsider

I know he felt like one

It doesn’t pay to be gay

In a working class town

.

He had a little clique

About a dozen guys

They’d go out dancing

And risk a beating

.

They had their own scene

It was more like a ghetto

They all lived like shadows

But not our Leslie

.

He lived like a giant

The prince of the homos

He bowed to no man

Because Leslie was free

.

The thing about Leslie

Was he lived to excess

One day he choked to death

On some poisonous pills

.

Hardly a day passes

That I don’t think about him

The best are taken early

It’s always been that way

.

I think he was the bravest man

That I have ever seen

I’m proud to say I loved him

And proud that he loved me

.

8 comments:

  1. Praveen Parasar25 March 2014 at 09:31

    Bravo...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peaceful Flower25 March 2014 at 11:45

    brilliant piece, I absolutely love it. Great story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Debra

      Delete
  4. Nice John, kind of brought a tear to my eye. I'm proud to have known Les to,i loved him too , unfortunately such a waste of young talent may he r.i.p !

    ReplyDelete