19 March 2014

God’s Great Joke

Ancient Of Days Blake

Does it ever end?

God’s great joke

The madness in his method

Brings tears to the eye

We are all doomed

To repeat our mistakes

It’s a biological imperative

An impulse compulsion

That costs us dear

The coin we pay

Is bloody and sharp

But no one suggested

We’d get a free ride

So bring me flowers

And lay me down easy

Six feet beneath the sod

So that I can’t rise

Feed me to the worms

I’m folding my hand now

For I’m not well suited

To his grand design

* Image by William Blake

.

4 comments:

  1. Peaceful Flower19 March 2014 at 23:03

    The coin we pay

    Is bloody and sharp

    But no one suggested

    We’d get a free ride...

    wow, I am quickly becoming a great fan of your great talent. Outstanding piece of writing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Debra

      Delete
  2. What a great poem and what a God 's Great Joke!...many pondering on it and touching mysteries ...the mysteries of life...life and God are a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete