8 June 2013

Magic Mushroom Messiah

magic mushrooms-07

He was one of those magic mushroom messiahs, the kind that shrivel in the sunlight. He told me that I was the net prophet of some psychedelic fishing expedition. He zapped me with the electric cool aid - all 50,000 volts. Man, he magnetised me, too much for my fragile mind, broken eggshell everywhere. The pieces crunched and crackled beneath my feet. Jagged little splinters bit my soles, but you gotta break a few eggs...

The host with the most, the most holy of ghosts - he cramped my style and rattled my can. I adopted unnatural dimensions. My in was out - my out was in. If I’d known there was a road I’d have stuck to it, but I was way off the beaten track. No master, no guru, no teacher - just a great push from the universal - a mainline to the source of everything. It’s like that elusive first high and the law of diminishing returns. There is no repetition in the pattern of things. There are snakes in this garden, but that’s the price of perfection. I speak in generalities, but the devil is in the detail.

“I bring you a message from your sponsor - you are tuning into the wrong channel” The seven tongues of god wrapped around my head. The chaos of the self gave birth to a new star. I wish I’d known the road was there - I’d have stuck to the road. If this was not the word of god, then god never spoke at all.

Them screw faces always drag me down. They are the fools and think foolish things. Back biters and scallywags play in the dirt, so they think dirt. I carry the fire, the fire within - to light the way for others who wander off the path. The magic mushroom messiah showed me how.

Psilocybin

8 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite pieces mastered with such genius, charm and wit. "Message from your sponsor" would remain legendary for me. Applause

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolita - this was fun to write and came quite naturally as it's based on an actual experience.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I've been there- groovily captured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a fellow ergonaut. Salutations fellow traveller and thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. Funny how there are those who intend to show you their way, and what you learn from observing them is quite the opposite. I suppose that's only if you're at least part way awake. Speaking in tongues; speaking with forked-tongues. It's all in our face now, as if to say "So, what're ya gonna do about it, chump?" followed by evil laughter. At least snakes are honest creatures - unlike man. The Garden of Eden has gone to rot. Great observations and splendid writing, as always John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray – we must beware the messianic and hallucinations bearing gifts. We need the serpent in our vision of Eden – to counter the men who speak in faulty tongues.

      Delete
  4. Praveen Parasar10 June 2013 at 11:17

    Such anger, Helpless, often leads to some best self-defence instincts... "They are the fools and think foolish things. Back biters and scallywags play in the dirt, so they think dirt. I carry the fire, the fire within - to light the way for others who wander off the path." You are a leader John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm no leader Praveen - but I'm no follower either.

      Delete