24 May 2013

Straw Man

Straw-Man_01

The days we spent in jail

Confined in separate cells

Only cemented our love

So we told the judge

I had to reinvent the world

To accommodate your lies

You kicked me where it hurts

But I came back for more

Your promises had broken wings

They never left the ground

Your nicotine stained eyes

Have obscured your face

You’re a straw man

A conscience for sale

The knife in my back

Attests to your betrayal

The old man said

“Never trust the stupid”

I thought that he meant me

But you were the Judas Goat

I was too blind to see

.

6 comments:

  1. Praveen Parasar25 May 2013 at 15:34

    Wonderful narration, as always...raw words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Praveen - most appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Short, sweet and very deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray for your kind comment.

      Delete
  3. The concept disturbs our culture made of straw men. To be aware of the void is such a terrible state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Straw men bend and scatter in the wind. Straw men are flammable - all you need is a match. Thank you for your kind comment Lolita - always a pleasure.

      Delete