29 May 2013

Detached

Detached

I’ll never sleep again

defend myself from the machine

I’ll cultivate a mind

anticipate the sun in my own garden

my head is my only house

proof against the rain

the disaster of modernity

the death of imagination

will not drag me down

I am my own holocaust

I supply the motivation

to deny the end of dreaming

the cathode ray

may fry my brain

my mind remains inviolate

something warm and permanent

will fill my veins

something solid

will occupy my head

I shall remain intact

and perfectly detached

.

9 comments:

  1. Praveen Parasar31 May 2013 at 20:25

    "I shall remain intact and perfectly detached" So much positive amidst that negative cloud.. wonderful John...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."
      - Buddha

      Delete
  2. Two clear descriptions of man & Man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cal - sometimes it's difficult to separate man from machine, no?

      Delete
  3. A brave and proper stand to the Age of Things Poorly Made that is upon us, John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray for your kind comment. At times the machine seems all consuming - and that's what it is for - consumption.

      Delete
  4. Ye speak fur many Bro; Lovely writing John.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I’ll cultivate a mind" it is such a strong statement of the time. This clash it leaves the stain of truth and a dagger inside with the culmination "I am my own holocaust".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We reap what we sow my dear Lolita - and if we cultivate weeds we'll no longer smell of roses.

      Delete