11 November 2012

Leave a light

Window

Leave a light on

Guide me home

To where the people are

Where they live and breathe

While they slowly die

In this republic of suffering

There are no kings – only beggars

Who remain forever missing

Not dead but disappeared

To exact no comfort

In the still of night

In the darkness of day

Bestowing little mercy

On the dead and dying

Or the bereaved remaining

Left to linger a little while

In the certain knowledge

They too shall receive their last breath

Somewhere in the by and by

.

4 comments:

  1. Superior work. Don't let me die fast, let me live itALL, here, in this cruel and beautiful place, readING these incredible lines that take me to the metropolis of the living

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a νeгу eаѕy on the еyes which makeѕ
    it much more pleаsant foг me to come here
    anԁ ѵіsit mοrе often.
    Dіd you hire out a develоpeг to create
    уour theme? Great work!
    Feel free to surf my web-site ... innsbruck hotels near train station

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I just use Photoshop & the editor supplied

    ReplyDelete