14 September 2012

Pneuma

Eye_01

I had expectations

Slender ones

Faint and

Penny plain

Tuppence worth please

I'm counting pennies

My mechanism is worn

Repetitious strain

Has taken its toll

And I stand waiting

For a dawn which does not come

Days pass in solemn procession

The blunt edge of depression

Carves me slowly

From the inside

Every nerve and sinew

Cry out for relief

But

I’m a glutton for punishment

A perverse and twisted soul

Who eschews the light of day

To opt for a heavy heart

And a life without parole
.

2 comments:

  1. I love how your deep falling turns into flirting with the darkness, and I adore the religious ecstasy you submit your reader to with the philosophic and the aesthetic mastery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolita, I try to capture the feeling, but the art eludes me...

      Delete